Старый 05.10.2014, 00:00   #53
Yulya
Absorbed in Magician...
moderatorv.i.p.

По умолчанию Vogue UK - ноябрь, 2014

Вся статья из журнала.

Цитата:
Inside November Vogue

Her handsome co-star in The Fall (more of whom later) may garner more headlines, but Gillian Anderson is truly at the peak of her powers this year. A hit drama, West End turn and debut novel make 2014 special – and Anderson tells Nicole Mowbray she’s taking it all in her stride.

‘Fall Girl’ – Vogue November 2014

Gillian Anderson and I meet in the decidedly low-key Anchor & Hope pub, next to London’s Young Vic theatre. It’s a balmy midsummer day, and Anderson arrives early. She quietly browses the rail, decisively pulling out pieces she likes: dresses by Dior and Dolce & Gabbana, an Yves Saint Laurent pussybow blouse, a suede Burberry trench coat, heels by Tabitha Simmons.

Anderson is strong – a woman’s woman – who flits between being sweet and commanding. She’s also disarmingly beautiful – a combination of that Edwardian face with its porcelain skin and aquiline nose, and a Fifties pin-up body. At 5ft 3in, there’s a delicate quality to her, too, all breasts and a tiny waist.

It’s hard to believe that it’s 22 years since Anderson arrived on our screens as Scully in The X-Files. But it’s now, having just turned 46, that she is at the peak of her powers. When we meet, she is playing Blanche Dubois in Tennessee Wiliams’s A Streetcar named Desire, a phenomenal portrayal that garnered her five-star reviews but that’s by no means her only project. She is also about to return as the much-praised DSI Stella Gibson in series two of the drama The Fall and she’s written a debut novel A Vision Of Fire, the first of a trilogy of supernatural thrillers.

Writing a book is something Anderson assumed she’s get around to “in my sixties or seventies”, yet with the help of her co-writer, bestselling author Jeff Rovin, she wrote it on route to film locations. A Vision of Fire follows Caitlin O’Hara, a psychologist called to treat an ambassador’s daughter who starts to speak in tongues. Through this, she begins to link a series of seemingly unconnected supernatural events across the globe. It’s sci-fi, but not as we know it.

"The book starts out more grounded than I’d say science fiction is,” she says. ”The characters feel more real. I don’t read sci-fi, but I’m interested in it in a cinematic form. That’s not related to The X-files in any way, it’s related to Close Encounters of the Third Kind, which is one of my favourite movies of all time.” She smiles. ”It’s just genius.”

Anderson has portrayed many strong characters over her career, but it’s Caitlin O’Hara’s personality that she believes most reflects her own. With so much going on, however isn’t she exhausted? ”The play actually feels quite cathartic,” she says, fixing me with her blue-green eyes. ”It takes me a long while to fall asleep afterwards, then I wake up feeling like I’ve been hit by a truck.”

Blanche, the complex heroine of A Streetcar Named Desire, lives in a fantasy of her own creation. When these collide with the reality of her life an her ageing image, it pushes her sanity to the brink. ”To say Blanche is obsessed with ageing is putting it mildly,” Anderson jokes. ”Sometimes I don’t think about ageing at all, then I go through periods where I do a photo shoot and I look at the pictures and think ‘Wait! You’re making me look so old?” She giggles. ”And then I realise it’s because I am old – or older – and the facts are before you. I don’t tend to be vain, but just because you don’t look in the mirror, doesn’t mean it’s not happening.”

As Blanche, Anderson darted around on stage in her underwear – not the actions of someone less than confident. ”I wear a bra and a half slip, but I’ve never exposed as much as I do. If I was brave I’d just wear a bra and knickers. If I was even braver, I’d get into the bathtub [on stage] naked. So that says something about what I fell comfortable exposing. I think most women have areas that aren’t their favourite.”

Although she admits to being quite “spiritual”, the last few years must have been difficult. Her brother Aaron died of a brain tumour in 2011 and, last year, a long relationship with businessman Mark Griffiths – the father of her two younger children, eight year-old Oscar and Felix, six – came to an end. She has been married twice (to director Clyde Klotz, father of her daughter Piper, 20, and to documentary-maker Julian Ozanne), and I ask her about her feelings on love.

"I don’t date,” she says. ”I haven’t had time. I don’t have an interest in it. It doesn’t bother me. I don’t feel it is something that’s needed in my life right now. I’m sure when something is meant to transpire, it will transpire”. But how does she handle being a single mother with all these commitments? ”It just so happens that all the bits – Streetcar, The Fall, the book – have happened simultaneously. My life is crazy, but there is a big difference between being a single mother and a single mother with a full-time nanny” she says. ”I usually refrain from referring to myself as a single mother because it’s not fact. My children have very good father who is very active in their lives.”

Although her life runs like a well-oiled machine, there’s one thing Anderson has yet to fathom: her own style. Despite Stella’s penchant for blouses and Blanches bottle-blond locks, Anderson admits she still hasn’t cracked a dress-down look. ”For events I usually either wear William Vintage or Nicholas Oakwell couture,” she says. ”But I don’t feel like what I wear off duty actually represents my personality.”

Born in Chicago, Anderson moved to north London when she was two. At 11, the family moved to Michigan, where she stayed until attending acting school in New York. Despite her middle-class English accent, she was a nonconformist; she still has tattoos and a navel piercing. When we discuss the pressures on teenage girls today and role models, she muses, “I don’t feel like I had female role models when I was a teenager. That’s not to say they didn’t exist, but I wasn’t really into pop culture. If it was anybody, it was Exene [Cervenka, singer in Los Angeles punk band X],” she laughs.

I point out that perhaps that’s why she is drawn to playing strong women, like Stella Gibson. ”I do often play strong women but Stella’s on another level,” she says, again with an infectious giggle. ”Manola Blahnik is a big fan of Stella’s. He’s donated some beautiful shoes for this season… She’s a feminine feminist.” Is that how Anderson would describe herself ”Yes, I’d call myself a feminine feminist,” she says. ”Although Stella is more outspoken than I am”. She might play strong characters, but it’s been widely reported that Anderson has suffered with nerves. Is that a thing of the past, I ask, now she’s gone back on stage?

"There was a lot of trepidation… I’ve had panic attacks. An interesting thing happened a few months back. I was being presented with an award and had prepared a speech, but I was fearful of simply standing in front of the room. I went to see a couple of hypnotists; one was based in neuro-linguistic programming, one was more shamanistic,” she confesses. “And, by the grace of God, there haven’t been nerves since.”
http://gillianderson.wordpress.com/2...04/vogue-2014/
Старый 05.10.2014, 15:31   #54
Yulya
Absorbed in Magician...
moderatorv.i.p.

Фотосессию перенесла в фотоальбом - фото пожалуйста, туда все, альбом открыт для обсуждений. А сюда сами статьи или сканы.

Цитата:
'It kept me sane and alive': Gillian Anderson on therapy at 14, sex scenes and why she loves London

By Kirsty Lang
Published: 22:00 GMT, 4 October 2014 | Updated: 22:00 GMT, 4 October 2014

Agent Scully? She only did it for the money. Hollywood? No thanks, she’s happier in London. And those sex scenes in BBC hit The Fall... what’s all the fuss about? Event meets the straight-talking TV detective set to take science fiction by storm

‘I cannot imagine what it must be like for young and impressionable actors getting into the business today with the whole tweeting thing, members of the public snapping you on their phones,' said Gillian Anderson

There’s a scene in the first series of The Fall, the BBC’s brilliant and controversial Bafta-nominated crime drama, when DSI Stella Gibson, played by the American actress Gillian Anderson, summons a young policeman up to her hotel room for sex.

She spots him at a crime scene, calls him over and tells him her room number in the same matter-of-fact way she would ask a junior officer about witnesses.

Afterwards, she dismisses him with same lack of emotion.

It’s powerful, graphic and, I suggest, quite shocking.

‘Why should this be shocking in 2014?’ shoots back a clearly exasperated Anderson, when I meet her in a tiny dressing room backstage at the Young Vic Theatre in London, where she has just finished a three-month run in Tennessee Williams’s A Streetcar Named Desire.

‘People have one-night stands all the time. Stella is comfortable with her sexuality.

'She has needs and if those are met by the occasional night between two consenting adults, what’s the problem?’

‘Ask anyone I work with and they’ll tell you I’m OCD about my schedule. I even colour-code it,' she said

It’s the sort of no-nonsense response you’d expect from the actress who blasted onto our screens 20 years ago as the feisty, red-headed FBI agent in The X Files and who is about to publish her first novel – a sci-fi thriller called A Vision Of Fire.

Since returning to Britain from America in 2002, Anderson has established herself as one our most compelling actresses, playing a succession of ballsy women in a man’s world, from Agent Scully in The X Files to the tough wife of a missionary doctor in Uganda, in Kevin MacDonald’s film about Idi Amin, The Last King Of Scotland.

Her latest is the high-powered detective in The Fall, BBC2’s most popular drama in 20 years, which returns this month for a second series.

A psychological thriller about a serial killer in contemporary Belfast, the first series won plaudits for its creepy, tension-building plot. But there were also complaints about the violence against women.

I had gone to interview Anderson with some trepidation, having been warned that she can be frosty and hates being asked anything personal.

Perhaps she is more comfortable with women, but for most of our interview I found her to be warm, funny and quite open.

There are definite no-go areas when she clams up with a frosty determination, but there is part of her that clearly likes to shock.

Two years ago in an interview with the gay magazine Out, Anderson spoke about having had a lesbian love affair, saying, ‘I was in a relationship with a girl for a long time when I was in high school... I’m old enough to talk about these things now.’

When asked today why she had chosen to reveal this, her answer is illuminating.

‘She had died of a brain tumour a year earlier and I had never really spoken about her. (Anderson’s younger brother also died of a brain tumour, three years ago, which ‘had a profound effect on all of us. It did make me change priorities and realise life is short.’)

'She was a beautiful person who was very meaningful in my life and I wanted to honour her instead of hiding my experience.

'There was a point years after we had split when she phoned to tell me to say she had been offered a large amount of money to sell a photograph of us together and had chosen not to do it. It was a very big decision because she really could have used that money.

‘I felt it was very important to take the onus off that type of relationship, to say this happened and I feel no shame about it.’

Later in our conversation she mentions that her sister is over visiting from the U.S. with her wife.

Although she doesn’t say it, I am sure that talking about her own lesbian relationship was Anderson’s way of paying respect to her sister’s life choices as well.

When she was 14 she had therapy and although she won’t go into the details she has said that ‘it kept me sane and alive. I seriously needed it,' she said

Given that Anderson has had two husbands and another long-term relationship with the father of her two sons, she is clearly more inclined towards men, and they like her too.

In 1996 she was voted the world’s sexiest woman.

At 46 and a mother of three children, she is still incredibly attractive, with mesmerising blue eyes and a pale, freckled face you can’t help staring at. She’s tiny but with a perfectly proportioned hourglass figure.

Her oldest child, 20-year-old daughter Piper – an art student in London – is from Anderson’s first marriage, to Clyde Klotz, an assistant director she met on the set of The X Files.

The father of her two sons Oscar, seven, and Felix, six, is the British businessman Mark Griffiths. He made his money in wheel-clamping and had previously been linked to Spice Girl Geri Halliwell.

In between, Anderson was with film-maker Julian Ozanne for three years.

After an idyllic honeymoon off the East Coast of Africa, the couple tried for children but she had a miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy. It was widely reported that the marriage officially ended only after she became pregnant by Griffiths, but since this is one of Anderson’s no-go areas, I don’t pry.

She met Ozanne at a dinner party in London just after leaving The X Files.

She had come to Britain to do theatre and wasn’t planning on staying permanently until she met him. They married in 2004 and lived together in Notting Hill.

These days she has moved to another part of London and tells me very firmly that she’s single but has a very good relationship with the father of her two sons, who lives around the corner.

For most of the Nineties, however, the man she was most associated with was the actor David Duchovny, Agent Mulder to her Agent Scully in The X Files. It was a relationship that crackled with sexual chemistry on screen, and their fans have always been convinced that there have been close encounters of the bedroom kind in real life.

Anderson has been quoted as saying, ‘It’s a nice idea but it’s never going to happen.’

To me, she says they’re still very close.

‘The filming days on The X Files were long and gruelling, so the cast and crew became like another a family.’

‘There is a lot about British politics I don’t understand. But my kids are British and this is my home. I can’t ever imagine moving back to the U.S. permanently,’ said Gillian

You’d think it would be the ambition of any young actress to be in such a popular TV show, but Anderson says she never intended to work in television and only auditioned for The X Files because she was out of money and desperate (she described the pay disparity on The X Files as ‘massive’, revealing that she received half the salary of her male co-star).

‘I had a very negative opinion – and rightly so – of TV at the time.’

When I ask her about what that early celebrity was like she says, ‘For most of the time we were protected by the fact that we were living and shooting in Vancouver and it wasn’t until I moved down to LA and started to be recognised in restaurants that I realised I was famous.

‘I cannot imagine what it must be like for young and impressionable actors getting into the business today with the whole tweeting thing, members of the public snapping you on their phones, the fact that anyone can post a picture of you sitting in a restaurant. There is no privacy any more.’

Does she suffer from that these days?

‘There are moments in stressful situations when you are travelling with your kids or you are in the park drying their bums and someone is taking a photo of you on their phone.

'Nowadays everyone becomes a member of the paparazzi.’

When I ask her if she regrets moving to London after The X Files, as if she’d stayed she might have become a major Hollywood star, she hoots with laughter but never answers the question.

She says she moved to London because she wanted to act in plays here.

'Nowadays everyone becomes a member of the paparazzi,' said Gillian

‘I loved being in London. But what I loved the most was the “moment to moment” focus that takes place in live theatre.’

Since then Anderson has carved out a formidable reputation on the British stage and screen.

She has been in two award-winning BBC adaptations of Dickens novels, playing Miss Havisham in Great Expectations and the haughty Lady Dedlock in Bleak House, as well as the ill-fated socialite Lily Bart in Terence Davies’s masterpiece The House Of Mirth.

Her run in A Streetcar Named Desire was widely acclaimed. Her dressing room is crammed to the rafters with huge bouquets of wilting flowers, messages of congratulations from family and friends – and her children’s drawings are pinned up on the mirrors.

Outside the theatre posters champion Anderson’s ‘utterly compelling’ ‘five-star performance’.

The theatre’s publicist tells me in hushed tones that it was the fastest-selling show in the venue’s history and sold out even before it opened. It’s a testimony to Anderson’s huge popularity and her skill as an actress.

On the night I watched the show, Anderson’s performance as the alcoholic Southern belle Blanche Dubois was electric and the play sizzled with the sexual longing Tennessee Williams intended it to have.

‘It was exhausting because I was on stage for three hours – but also wonderful.’

She says the only way to understand Blanche Dubois is to see her as an alcoholic.

‘She comes to the table with a great deal of psychological frailty, but her excessive drinking only exacerbates her condition.’

Anderson is unhappy when she finds out I only saw the opening night.

‘It got much better, tighter’ she assures me, before joking that one of the hardest aspects of playing Blanche was having to negotiate the revolving stage while tottering about in impossibly high heels.

The night before her photoshoot with Event, she cut her leg on stage during a violent scene, proof if we needed it of her commitment to her craft.

Killer stilettos are also part of her look in The Fall. As DSI Stella Gibson, Anderson gives Helen Mirren’s DCI Jane Tennison from Prime Suspect a run for her money.

She plays a super-cop who clicks down the corridors of Belfast’s central police station in her heels, terrifying male colleagues with her confident sexuality and incisive brain.

She’s been brought in from the Met to solve a series of murders that conform to a pattern: all the victims are young, attractive brunettes with good jobs.

Unlike most TV murder mysteries, we know whodunit.

Gillian's latest role is the high-powered detective in The Fall, BBC2’s most popular drama in 20 years, which returns this month for a second series

Played by Jamie Dornan, who is poised to become a huge star after being cast in the much-awaited film adaptation of the EL James bestseller 50 Shades Of Grey, the killer is a good-looking, married bereavement counsellor with two children. He has a lot in common with the policewoman who is hunting him.

Anderson has been gushing in her praise of Dornan, saying that he is ‘very funny and good at telling stories. He’s a good mimic as well. He’s a lovely lad.

'On the first series, people said, “Who is this guy? Is he an ex-model or something?” Now people don’t want to talk to me about The X Files. They only ask about Jamie Dornan.’

But when I ask about working with him, she replies cautiously, ‘We will be sharing some screen time later in the series but that’s all I’m prepared to say.’

Did she tease her co-star about his appearance in the sexy bonk-buster?

‘No,’ she replies with an irritated and condescending look.

‘My understanding of that shoot is that the director Sam Taylor Wood – because she is an artist – approached it in a very quiet way.’

As the serial killer in The Fall, Dornan is also called upon to do a fair bit of tying up and bondage, but that’s where the comparison ends.

There is nothing submissive about Anderson’s female detective. The series was created by Allan Cubitt, who wrote Prime Suspect 2, and there are parallels between Anderson’s Gibson and Mirren’s Jane Tennison. They are both controlling, straight-talking characters.

But Anderson says there are also big differences.

‘Jane Tennison is tortured. Stella isn’t. Jane is a drinker, she has a neediness for a man’s attention and is always getting into awkward relationships.

'Stella is much more in control and self-sufficient. What they do have in common is a big ego. They both think they are the only people who can solve a crime.’

For most of the Nineties, the man Gillian was most associated with was the actor David Duchovny, Agent Mulder to her Agent Scully in The X Files. It was a relationship that crackled with sexual chemistry on screen

The first time Anderson saw Prime Suspect, she was living in Los Angeles working on The X Files.

‘Helen Mirren presented me with one of my first awards and I remember standing on stage, dumbstruck by meeting her.’

It’s clear that Anderson likes to be in charge. ‘Ask anyone I work with and they’ll tell you I’m OCD about my schedule. I even colour-code it.’

Whenever she takes on a new role, Anderson lays down her conditions right from the start.

‘I say this is it: I am coming home for the weekends, half-terms, parents’ evenings... I must have time for my children.’

She prefers doing plays during the school holidays so she can spend time with her children during the day. But the Young Vic extended Streetcar’s run by two weeks and it ran into the beginning of term, meaning she could only see her two boys at the weekends.

But, she says, ‘I have a great nanny and they have a great, very present father who they love being with, so that helps a lot.’

Gillian's performance as Blanche Dubois in A Streetcar Named Desire was widely acclaimed

Before doing Streetcar, Anderson spent five months commuting between Belfast, where The Fall is filmed, and Toronto, where she appears in another serial killer drama, Hannibal, for the American network NBC.

‘I tend to go out to film in Belfast or the U.S. for no more than four to five days and then come home. I learned that lesson working on The X Files when my daughter was little.’

She enjoyed getting to know Belfast and believes the setting brings something extra to The Fall.

‘We are so used to seeing London in police dramas – in Northern Ireland there is a definite and palpable edge in the air all the time.

'Also, we are not used to seeing Belfast outside the context of the Troubles.’

At a time when so many British actors are playing American roles on U.S. TV, Anderson is probably the only actor who can claim to be genuinely bilingual – or bi-accented.

Born to American parents in Chicago, she moved to the UK as a toddler.

She spent her formative years at a primary school in north London before the family moved back to the U.S. when she was a teenager, where she had to learn to speak American for the first time in her life.

When she was 14 she had therapy and although she won’t go into the details she has said that ‘it kept me sane and alive. I seriously needed it.’

She slips effortlessly between the two identities – British and American. However, when it comes to politics she still has a foreigner’s perspective.

‘I tend to follow what’s happening in America. That’s where I vote, not here.

‘There is a lot about British politics I don’t understand. But my kids are British and this is my home. I can’t ever imagine moving back to the U.S. permanently.’

Amid her hectic schedule, Anderson has found time to write a novel on her transatlantic plane journeys. A Vision Of Fire – out this week – is a sci-fi thriller co-written with American author Jeff Rovin.

Anderson says she is not a fan of science fiction but a friend thought she and sci-fi geek Rovin should try and write a book together. The book is a page-turner with a strong female protagonist. She’s a brilliant child psychologist who works in the world’s trouble spots.

‘That was my idea,’ says Anderson. ‘Jeff is probably the world’s greatest expert on science fiction but I came up with the main character because ultimately I want this to be made into a film, so I was writing a character for myself.’

There are parallels between Anderson and her protagonist. Both are competent and ambitious single mothers who manage to combine an exciting international career with being good parents.

Anderson says she wanted to create a character who ‘is my age but not stuck in any of the stereotypical aspects of how women are usually portrayed.

Gillian as Miss Havisham in Great Expectations

'Caitlin is raising a deaf child on her own but she is also at the top of her field. She manages to balance these worlds while remaining level-headed and capable.

'She’s not an alcoholic and she’s quite happy being single.’

There’s no reason to think that Anderson won’t enjoy the kind of success with her book that she has done with everything else in her career.

For the moment she’s happy with a foot on each side of the Atlantic, weighing up her options.

‘I have also been extraordinarily lucky at this time in my life to get plenty of offers of work.

'Right now in America there is an influx of TV series led by women of a certain age. On the one hand it’s great on the other hand it’s slightly tokenistic.’

She gets animated on the subject of female directors and can’t understand why they don’t get more work.

‘I recently shot a series in the U.S. called Crisis. I was in hair and make-up and this woman in her 50s came in and introduced herself as the director and I nearly fell off my chair, it’s so rare.’

When I say it’s because women tend to be less confident and pushy she disagrees. ‘I honestly think there is an assumption that women are not as competent.’ So it’s sexism pure and simple? ‘Yes, I believe it is.’

Anderson has railed against the ‘intolerable’ sexism women still suffer from men in everyday life, saying it’s ‘built into our society… it’s easy to miss and it’s easy to get used to it… the expectation that if a woman is wearing a short skirt she is asking for it.’

Given that The Fall is about a serial killer, a voyeur who stalks his prey for days and steals their underwear, what does Anderson feel about the levels of violence against women on television?

‘I wouldn’t have done this series if I felt the violence was gratuitous,’ she says.

‘We get to know and like the victims, we see the grief and devastation it causes their families.

'I think it engages the viewer with the wider issue – there is a huge amount of violence against women in the world today and most of it is committed by men...’

So despite her tough, no-nonsense image, some things clearly do get to Gillian Anderson.

‘The Fall’ returns to BBC2 later in the autumn. The novel ‘A Vision Of Fire’ is published on Thursday, price £9.09

dailymail.co.uk
Старый 05.10.2014, 20:08   #55
Yulya
Absorbed in Magician...
moderatorv.i.p.

Фото страниц журнала The Event Magazine с интервью.
Спасибо Gipsy.

Источник

Старый 16.10.2014, 21:52   #56
Yulya
Absorbed in Magician...
moderatorv.i.p.

Tonight Exclusive with Gillian Anderson

The fastest-selling production in the Young Vic Theatre’s history, Tennessee Williams’s A Streetcar Named Desire, will be broadcast from its London home by National Theatre Live to South African audiences from Saturday for four screenings only. The stage production of this timeless masterpiece features a stellar cast including Gillian Anderson (The X-Files, more recently The Fall) as Blanche DuBois. DIANE DE BEER examines her love of especially British theatre and gets the chance to field a few questions

A Streetcar Named Desire is National Theatre Live’s first collaboration with the Young Vic Theatre and the choice makes sense. Because of the celebrity status of Gillian Anderson who plays Blanche DuBois, it could even attract a younger audience which happened on the night I saw it at the Young Vic in London in August.

What surprised me most about this actress when I first saw her on stage, was her size. I couldn’t believe how tiny she is. She’s much shorter than I would have imagined and a normal hand could probably easily stretch around her petite waist. Possibly the big hair plays tricks with your head.

But size doesn’t matter once she steps onto the stage in a role for those who know the movie, that immediately conjures up the Marlon Brando/Vivien Leigh version. Not Anderson, though.

“It’s sad, but I have a huge hole in my black-and-white movie genre. I didn’t see the Joan Crawford movie What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? either. And I decidedly made an effort not to see Cate Blanchett’s performance in Blue Jasmine, Woody Allen’s update of A Streetcar Named Desire.

“It was only when I started rehearsals that I understood why I was so drawn to it. I mentioned in an interview that I hadn’t seen it, but there was something familiar and after reading the interview, my mother reminded me that I’d come second in a national competition doing one of the Blanche monologues. I remember zip!”

But that’s good news for the actress and fans. Guided by director Benedict Andrews, Anderson has proved herself on the London stage, especially where she has been a frequent player these past few years.

“Theatre is such an institution in the UK and there is a historic level of respect for actor and audience. Not to say it is in contrast (with the US), but it is palpable.”

Gillian began her career in theatre, but first gained worldwide recognition with her portrayal of Special Agent Dana Scully on The X-Files. Because of the nine-season run as well as being rewarded with an Emmy, a Golden Globe and two SAG (Screen Actors’ Guild) awards, this is what she is identified with.

She’s quietly going about her business challenging all that. A Streetcar Named Desire at the Young Vic is her fourth appearance on the London stage. In 2009 she received an Olivier nomination for her performance as Nora in A Doll’s House at the Donmar Warehouse. Prior to this she appeared in The Sweetest Swing In Baseball at the Royal Court, and made her West End debut in Michael Weller’s What The Night Is For in 2002.

Her screen credits include Great Expectations, Bleak House, Any Human Heart and most recently she played DSI Stella Gibson in BBC 2’s The Fall which has been renewed for a second season. She says the series and this latest stage play have been so rewarding that if she dies now, she will be smiling.

Speaking about this role as the brittle on-the-surface Blanche, she says: “I came to rehearsals fresh. I decided to trust the director completely. And it has been such a joy to live in this character’s shoes. It’s such brilliant writing.”

And when you see her performance, shoes (while playing a big role in stepping up) aren’t the only thing that Anderson rules. She plays the swagger that hides the sore and she lords it over her sister and her sexy Kowalski with such superiority, it camouflages her disabling insecurities.

“We talked a few times before starting rehearsals and skyped, but that was it,” she says about her conversations with her director.

“With digital filming, you have to be word-perfect and know exactly what you’re going to do, so working like this might be scary, but it was also great to give all my trust to a man who had a wealth of experience, and understanding of the text and that society. I was completely malleable.”

She relished the luxury of a long rehearsal and taking time to really work her way into the character which she does quite superbly.

The other aspect of the play which is fascinating is that apart from it being theatre in the round, the set itself rotated which meant that actors and audience were constantly shifting their perspectives in a certain sense.

“I cannot imagine doing it in any way other than in the round. It is so intimate and cinematic and benefits actors and audience.”

• A Streetcar Named Desire will show at Cinema Nouveau on Saturday, Wednesday and October 23 at 7.30pm and on Sunday at 2.30pm – in Joburg, Pretoria, Durban and Cape Town and at The Fugard Bioscope in Cape Town on November 2 at 11am. Bookings are open. Duration: 3 hours, 45 minutes, with a 20-minute interval.

Iol.co.za
Старый 01.11.2014, 19:04   #57
Yulya
Absorbed in Magician...
moderatorv.i.p.

Сканы интервью из The Daily Telegraph - 1 ноября, 2014

HQ

Старый 12.02.2015, 01:10   #58
Yulya
Absorbed in Magician...
moderatorv.i.p.

Чат The Guardian - 9 февраля, 2015

Цитата:
Forest Sainte Marie asks:
Do you sometimes make new years’ resolutions? If yes, what was this one’s? [/b]

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:09pm

Every year I make the same resolution, which is to relax more, do less, stress less, make more space in my days to do nothing. And it's February, and that hasn't been the case so far this year unfortunately. The only time I ever relax is on holiday.

DaniMagic asks:
Wildest thing you have done? Proudest moment? Favourite way to unwind?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:10pm

I can't actually talk about the wildest thing I've ever done. Not that I'd get arrested, but I'd never live it down. Proudest moment I guess is probably the experience of working on Streetcar, overall.

ancie75 asks:
Your career has spanned a range of roles from the X-files tv star to the incredibly strong and demanding Street Car on stage. Where do you see your next challenge? You are a force to be reckoned with and an important role model to women at a time when current aspirational women are reality stars and the wives of the rich and famous. Do you feel a responsibility to maintain your profile as an actor to be taken seriously?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:13pm

I feel a responsibility to be myself and not curtail my personality or reactions to things for the sake of fitting in, or toeing the line. That's just as important. I do feel a certain responsibility, because I often talk about trying to be a good person, and behave respectfully, and appropriately, and I feel a responsibility to walk that walk.

I think if I thought about role selection too much, knowing me I might panic, and crawl under a rock. By doing The Fall for instance, I've been given the gift of a platform, and I have some things to say, and a responsibility to uphold my opinions about things.

sprice2394 says:
Hello! I’m an 18 year old Drama School hopeful, what would be the most important advice you would give to a young performer? Thanks. (PS I was lucky enough to see at NTlive broadcast of Streetcar – it blew me away, you were superb!)

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:17pm

Attempt to get an objective perspective of what it is that you individually bring to the table, and foster those strengths, and embrace those strengths. And work really hard.

What do I bring to the table? I know that because of my history with sci-fi, a business decision to cast me in something that has a sci-fi element, I understand that business trajectory. I understand that I can be thinking about shopping and look like I am trying to work out a mathematical problem - I get hired because of that!

But I also feel like I have a good idea of why I wouldn't be cast, which is just as important to embrace. Not just to help with diminishing disappointment, but it infuses one's experience with a practical nature, which is important to have, to keep sane.

TDGS41 asks:
Dear Gillian,
You’re an inspiration to women of all ages. If you weren’t an actress, what would you be? Could you imagine doing an ordinary job ?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:18pm

I don't think I'd be very good at what you'd call an ordinary job. I think I might be an artist, mixed media. And that is still something I'm interested in pursuing at some point, but I have this fear of taking my eye off the ball, and get distracted from that acting thing.

But, I think it's important to give oneself permission to do everything one wants to do. Male or female. To explore, to learn new things, to follow one's dreams, even if unconventional. And take risks.

nemaw88 asks:
Hi Gillian. The building used as the police station in series one of The Fall was my old school! How did you enjoy your time working in Belfast? And did you have a favourite place to eat or drink whilst there?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:20pm

The thing about working on The Fall is because I have young children, my time up there becomes pure work time with no gaps. If there are gaps, I'm on a plane back to London. So I honestly haven't done that much exploring.

DaniMagic asks:
Best advice you would give to a mother?! Loving this journey, but have to admit it can sometimes be a struggle ... So always up for tips, tricks and wisdom from fellow mamas!

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:21pm

Parenthood is probably the most challenging thing I've ever had to do in my life. And I know that if I do not take care of myself, in terms of amount of sleep, exercising my brain, and a modicum of me time, even if it's just a ten minute bath, my relationship with my children suffers. And I have less control of them, consequently! They have control over me. It's the most rewarding and most infuriating journey. And it gets easier.

fibionaccisequence offers:
Gillian. I am a trained butler. Can I work for you?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:22pm

Yes please. Can I swap something as payment? Barter...

msfi01 asks:
I learned so much from you about strength and feminism when I was a young woman. You seem to have so much confidence - what advice would you give to women who are in their 30s and 40s now?

(On a personal note – I ran the Desk for Dana Fund website back in the 90s which campaigned for Scully to get her own desk, a bit frivolous like so many fan sites, but I learned so much about advocacy, community building, and met my husband. Seeing Streetcar last year was brilliant. So, thanks!)

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:24pm

I've spent a lot of my life not having confidence. But when you're in the public eye, it becomes a necessity to behave as if you do. And honestly I think that the years of acting as if, truly, has contributed to my feeling of confidence. I've spent so much of my life feeling fear and still putting one foot in front of the other, and doing my best to never let my fear keeping me from saying yes to something that I know intrinsically I want to do. And in the doing of scary things, things get less scary.

DaniMagic asks:
What is your current favourite ... Song; food; place; joke?!

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:26pm

My favourite jokes are literally for six year olds. At an event the other night Dominic West told me a joke which was to my sensibility... and I've forgotten it already! That's the nature of jokes.

The other night I met Paolo Nutini, face to face, and had my first true fan moment in my life. I looked up at him, and said what's you name? He said Paolo and I leapt on top of him I was so excited! One of my favourite songs of all time is his Iron Sky. Genius. He is a living genius.

georginaturner asks:

Hi Gillian,

Which film makes you cry every time you watch it? (For me it’s The Children’s Hour, and I think you’d be excellent in the Audrey Hepburn role if it was remade.)

Thanks!

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:28pm

There's this film that not many people have seen called Dean Spanley, with Peter O'Toole and Jeremy Northam, and Sam Neill. God, this film, every time... every time the soundtrack even comes on my playlists I get a tear. There's something really profound, about the human experience, and relationships and lives and past lives. It's just a beautiful film.

Forest Sainte Marie asks:
What is the most beautiful trip you have done in your life? (can be a real trip or a spiritual one)

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:28pm

Years ago I did a prop plane safari through Namibia, along the Skeleton Coast. It was just one of the most beautiful experiences - landing at sunset into a field of high grasses with crickets singing and a full moon rising. I'd like to do it again.

And also:
What is your favourite memory of last year?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:30pm

Sharing a dressing room with Vanessa Kirby - she played Stella to my Blanche. I absolutely adore her. She's a couple of decades younger and we had such a laugh. I tend to be quite neat, and she's the messiest person I've ever met in my entire life. She's very relaxed about it, she won't mind me telling a few thousand people. I started taking photos of her area of the dressing table, and I'm planning to send them to her as a belated wrap gift!

bixentelizz asks:
What is the largest animal you think you could kill with your bare hands?[/b]

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:32pm

Could kill and would kill are very different. First of all, I wouldn't. But if I could, based on strength... I'm not very strong any more. Even thinking about it, how dare you ask me this question?? I'm stuck in the middle of it now. OK, so the only way I can think about this is if it's a cartoon animal. Let's say it's an evil animal with rabies, and I had to kill it to save my life, I might be able to manage... a ferret.

BigDukeSix asks:

Hi Gillian,

If you smelled gas in the street would you telephone the gas authorities, or would you assume somebody else would?

After seeing your astonishing performance in The Fall, I suspect you’d call them.

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:33pm

Thank you for asking. Because in my neighbourhood there is a perpetual smell of gas on a particular corner. I have considered calling the authorities, but considering and doing are very different things. But there is perpetual construction in the area - I figure someone is on it, they just haven't figured out yet.

MrSvejk asks:
What animal would you marry?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:34pm

Good question. I might marry a horse, definitely a male horse. Lucky me! He has one sure thing going for him.

diamantez asks:

First of all Gillian, let me take my hat off to you. I have loved everything you have done and I am still a major fan of The X Files. Didn’t you get into Duncan Lomax’s music – English guitarist? Ex-school friend of mine and band member? My friend saw your Blance in Munich. I couldn’t go but she told me it was outstanding, definitive. WOW.

Professor Boxhill’s book on Tennessee Williams changed everything for me. He talked about the heroines and heroes as archetypes whose tragedy is the way in which they hear, ever more loudly, the ticking of the clock, like Brick to Big Daddy, “Time just outran me – Big Daddy. Got there first”. I wonder whether Blanche sees herself as a victim - apart from other forces -of time, both in the sense that she can not escape her past, and the social pressure of the late 1940’s to conform? She’s getting on, isn’t she? Marriage and love are becoming phantoms in a cruel world. And now that Belle Reve is gone she does not have the protection of her family wealth to protract her. She is exposed now to economic injustices. Is this an element you found in the play? What for you is the heart of Blanche’s tragedy? The sources of her delusional state and self-deceit?

Thanks and I love The Departure. It seems to me that there is a tradition of looking at the play as though it hinges on Brandon and it is very hard for a female character to be strong enough and sophisticated enough to emerge from the shadow, Personally I don’t think Vivian Leigh did this, great as the performance is. But in my view The Departure really shows that the play is about the tragedy of Blanche, and how the past will ineluctably become stronger and more menacing in the present.

You are amazing Gillian!!!!

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:37pm

You hit the nail on the head. The heart of her tragedy is heartbreak, loss... I think that when someone's heart is broken so young and in such a tragic way, and one feels responsible for the tragedy, it's a difficult hurdle to overcome. I think her pain around that coupled with her sensitivities in that age. And weathering the family history. They all contribute to her need to fill the hole, the gaping hole, and in the filling there is deceit.

Vicky Jackson asks:

Hello from New Zealand,

I have been mulling over which question I would like to ask you and to be honest they all seem rather pointless and dull, what on earth do you ask someone who you do not know and yet have at times used as a form of escape, it sort of feels like I am going up to that girl I like at the bar, hoping not to make a fool of myself and that she may like me back... anyway I digress...

I would like to ask if your work, the fact that people you do not know do in fact know who you are (or at least think they do) has ever made you feel like your life is not your own or if strangers have seemed to think of you as some kind of public property?

Thank you for your time and I hope that you have a wonderful day.

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:40pm

I am sometimes approached as if I'm public property. There is definitely an expectation that I should pose for pictures, that it's part of my job in a sense. Most of the time it doesn't get to me but every once in a while I do feel like a performing monkey, when people say "just one, just one" and then they take another and I stand there like an idiot waiting for them to turn on the flash.

hicheung aks:

Like many, I’ve been a fan since the X-files. My two year old daughter is now a fan too, because of your role as the Witch in Room on the Broom. How did you get this part?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:42pm

The producers approached me to do the voice of the witch, and I tried very hard not to take it personally. I went in being very witchy, and then they called me back, and said "actually when we were listening to the recordings, the you that was talking and swearing in between behaving like a witch is what we want - can you come back and be a bit more girly and mischievous and light-hearted?"

Einsteinstwinparadox asks:

What for you as an actress was the biggest discovery you made about Blanche? Did playing her bring about any discoveries about yourself?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:44pm

I guess what I discovered was that I pretty much identified with every aspect of her. In one way or another. And as much as I might think I am not vain or delusional, but I am all those things. And I am also Stella Gibson's things, and my individual things, and people are really complicated and multifaceted, and we like to put ourselves and others into boxes. We are all much more interesting that we give ourselves credit for - and worthy of compassion because of it.

Jodie Whalan writes:

If I tell you a joke will you tell me one? (I already know your 0 and 8 one :P)

There’s an inflatable boy who goes to an inflatable school, where everything is inflatable. The buildings, the teachers and all the students, everything!

One day the boy gets into trouble, for bringing a pin to school. The Principal says “You’ve let me down, you’ve let yourself down, you’ve let the whole school down.” LOL

Your turn Gillian

You’re not like that schoolboy with a pin, you are an INFLATOR! Thank you. Love you and your work!

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:46pm

Why thank you so much! That's a fantastic compliment. Here's a joke.

What did the zero say to the 8? Nice belt.

eugoogoolizer asks:

Writing is something that I always have so much want to do but very little motivation to actually get up and do it until I read something that makes me think, “Wow, that is so beautiful! I want to create something beautiful.” Are there any particular writers or books that make you feel this way?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:48pm

Actually, Tennessee Williams makes me feel this way, and I've only properly become obsessed with him since doing the play, and reading Lehr's remarkable biography on Williams. I had read interviews with him before, but never any of his letters and really not much of his poetry, and I'm stunned at how poetic he was in his simple speech, his casual correspondence. Such a beautiful mind.

insteinstwinparadox asks:

If you could do a prequel for any other character you’ve played on stage, TV or film, which role would you choose and why?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:50pm

I just got an image of doing a timelapse prequel for Miss Havisham. From the moment she is left at the altar, to when we find her in our adaptation of the story. A timelapse photo of her wandering around the house, the disintegration of her, the house, and her mind, might be interesting.

Einsteinstwinparadox asks:

I wanted to tell you that you were my role model as a young girl in the 90s and still are now as I approach 30. I know many countless others have also been inspired and moved by you over they years; “The Scully Effect” and your influence on women is often spoken about, but I was curious what you would hope to be the most lasting impression you leave on young women. Popular culture and history will likely point to characters like Scully and Stella, but what would YOU most like to be remembered for as a feminist figure?[/b]

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:57pm

There seems to be an upswing of negative perception about feminism. And on the one hand, it's our own fault. And I guess I'd like to be a part of a movement towards it not being a dirty word or having negative connotations or being taboo. Can we talk about what's not working, without blame, can we focus on moving forward?

So I'd like to be a part of that conversation. I know that there was something called the Scully Effect in scientific journals - there was an influx of girls into sciences during the X Files. And so I guess I was part of a movement towards girls embracing their brains, and wanting to explore their potential and what they were capable of beyond what they'd previously been told they'd been capable of.

MessyCat asks:

Any comedy roles in your near future? I know you’re hilarious, so it’s time to let everyone know it, don’t you think Who would be your pick to play your leading man (or woman!) in a romantic comedy?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 1:59pm

Not at the moment, but I'd love to do comedy. I'd love to do a comedy with Jason Bateman, or to do a comedy with David O Russell. Madcap and dark, a black comedy.

catherineverney asks:

How did you feel seeing Blanche for yourself when you directed The Departed? After a summer of being her on stage what was it like looking? Was she as you expected her to be from your inside perspective?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 2:02pm

The strangest thing was actually to watch the NT Live film of the play. Working Title did a screening and I got to invite friends who hadn't seen the play, and it wasn't until the ball was already rolling, that I thought oh my God what am I doing? Being in the same room as friends watching it for the first time? And then once I got past that, it was the sitting in the chair watching the film start... I was almost sick. I nearly bolted from the room.

But what was fascinating about that was getting to see what all the other actors were doing on stage while I/Blanche was caught up in her own self-obsession or behind a shower curtain. There were close ups too, so I got to see the emotional journey the other actors took in detail, and that was wonderful to see. They were all so good!

mbrecker asks:

Now that you’re directing, how would you describe your directing style?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 2:06pm

I wouldn't necessarily say that this is indicative of my style. The Departure is a study of a particular period of time. And it's theatrical on purpose, and I don't think that I would choose to direct something so theatrically that wasn't related to a piece of theatre. It was a conscious decision to do a locked-off camera, and while I appreciate that as a device, it has a time and place. I would hope that my style of directing would conform to the style of the piece I was shooting.

I've been adapting a screenplay for about 15 years and will direct it at some point. Ironically it will similarly stylised to this piece! So not a good example of how this is not my style... but it asks for that, it calls for that. It's more of an arthouse film.

Keeley Lindkvist asks:

You have a very good ear for different accents. It got me thinking; if you could have been brought up speaking any language you chose, which language would it be and why?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 2:09pm

Either Italian or French, I think. Romance language are so beautiful, and sexy. But also my daughter speaks French, and it's a harder language than I'll ever be able to learn. The fact that the French continue to go to school to speak French is a bit daunting!

MaybeTheresHope asks:

If and when you have the time, what is one skill you still hope to learn?

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 2:10pm

I would love to learn another language, or to play an instrument. I'm not sure I have the patience.

shanghaisputnik asks:

I saw Streetcar at the Young Vic in July and later how they chose to present it live-to-tape when shown in cinemas via NT Live, so I feel now I’ve seen three unique iterations of this production. I assumed the decision to go with a wide static frame and the long takes to compliment and keep you in the tone of the live theatre experience. But can you talk a bit about your directorial choices after reading O’Hagan’s script in terms of picking your deliberate filmic moments in The Departure? I mean the choreography within that wide static frame (i.e. -- staging yourself quite far from camera for the 1st scene, only CU is cop lighting your cig, doing all the catcalling balcony stuff o.s, etc.)

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 2:16pm

The choreography kind of came before the script. In that I knew what I wanted to take place in each of the scenes, as in: she comes in from a funeral, she drinks, she changes, there are soldiers that call to her. And I knew from the beginning I wanted it to be locked off, and that it would dissolve into an almost identical frame in another location and then it would start with a john, and a policeman would enter. And so knowing that, on the day, and with a static frame, it was a matter of how to make it interesting enough with entrances and exits.

But I still don't know whether it stands alone as a piece, and I'm not really concerned with that. Someone might ask why is Gillian Anderson walking around in her underwear? It's specific, and yet could be a study of a lonely drunken woman. I'm ok with whatever the interpretation ends up being, because it was a means to an end for me, and I feel like I satisfied that for myself and the remit for the Young Vic. And what people make of it beyond that is none of my business and I have no control over it.

For me it feels like I'm honouring the depth and the history and the backstory of the character. And so it feels in a way like a celebration, just in that we're interested enough in her to be curious about where she's from. She's complicated, and recognisable enough that we care. She's so much more than that of course, but I don't feel like it takes away or abuses or is disrespectful.

And on that much-rumoured X Files reboot...

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 2:07pm

The conversation is in process. And the result ultimately is up to Fox.

That's it! Thanks to everyone who asked a question

GillianAnderson
09 February 2015 2:18pm

Thank you everybody for joining me this afternoon - thanks for all the questions, and for making me think, and have a great day!
Перевод. Часть 1.

Цитата:
В: Вы даете себе новогодние обещания? Если да, то какие были в этом году?

Джиллиан: Каждый год я даю себе одно и то же обещание, а именно: отдыхать больше, делать меньше, нервничать меньше и выделять больше времени на ничегонеделание. Уже февраль, и пока еще обещания не выполнены, к сожалению. Единственное время, когда я именно отдыхаю, – это праздники.
В: Самый безумный поступок, что вы когда-либо совершили? Момент, когда вы были чрезвычайно горды? Любимый способ расслабиться?

Джиллиан: Я не могу рассказать о самом безумном поступке, когда-либо мной совершенном. Не то, чтобы меня арестовали тогда за подобное, но такого поступка просто не было. Момент, когда я была чрезвычайно горда, - вероятно, работа в целом над «Трамваем “Желание”».
В: В вашей карьере огромный спектр ролей – от сериала «Секретные материалы» до невероятно сильного и требовательного «Трамвая «Желание» на сцене. Какой вы видите свою следующую роль? Вы оказываете большое влияние и являете собой образец для подражания для женщин в то время, когда современные амбициозные женщины являются звездами и женами богатых и знаменитых. Чувствуете ли вы ответственность за сохранение своей репутации как актрисы, чтобы вас принимали всерьез?

Джиллиан: Я чувствую ответственность быть собой и не лишиться индивидуальности, или реагировать на что-либо ради того, чтобы вписаться в общество, или подчиняться требованиям. Это так же важно. Я чувствую определенную ответственность, потому что часто говорю о том, что стараюсь быть хорошим человеком, вести себя уважительно и надлежащим образом, и чувствую ответственность за то, каким путем иду. Думаю, что если бы я думала о выборе роли слишком много, то зная себя, я могла паниковать и замыкаться в себе. В работе над сериалом «The Fall», например, я получила право выразить свое мнение зрителям, и мне есть что сказать, и я несу ответственность за свое мнение.
В: Какой самый важный совет вы бы дали начинающему актеру?

Джиллиан: Попытаться получить реальное представление о том, какую лепту именно вы вносите, развивать свои сильные стороны и принимать их. И очень много работать. Какую лепту вношу я? Я знаю, что из-за моей связи с научной фантастикой принимаются бизнес-решения давать мне роли в проекте с оттенком этой научной фантастики, и я понимаю эти решения. Я понимаю, что могу думать о том, что надо купить и выглядеть в данный момент так, словно решаю математическую задачу – меня наняли из-за этой способности. Но я также ощущаю, что прекрасно понимаю, почему меня бы и не наняли, и это также важно принимать. Не только чтобы уменьшить разочарование, но принятие дает опыт на практике, а это важно, чтобы остаться здравомыслящим.
В: Вы вдохновляете женщин всех возрастов. Если бы вы не были актрисой, кем бы стали? Могли бы представить, что занимаетесь обычной работой?

Джиллиан: Не думаю, что была бы успешна в том, что вы назвали обычной работой. Думаю, может, стала бы художником, работала в рекламе. И это до сих пор то, чем я интересуюсь, но я боюсь, увлекшись этим, отвлечься от актерства.
Но думаю, важно позволять себе делать все, что захочешь. Мужчине или женщине. Исследовать, изучать новое, следовать за мечтой, даже если это неразумно. И рисковать.
В: Здание, где снимали полицейский участок в сериале «The Fall» - моя старая школа! Вам понравилось работать в Белфасте? И, когда вы были там, куда вы любили ходить перекусить и выпить?

Джиллиан: Из-за того, что у меня маленькие дети, время, проведенное в Белфасте, было чисто рабочим, без выходных. Если же выпадали выходные, я садилась на самолет до Лондона. Так что, если честно, особо сильно я Белфаст не посмотрела.
В: Какой самый лучший совет вы бы дали матери? Я люблю этот процесс, но приходится признать, что порой он бывает противостоянием… Поэтому всегда готова перенять советы, приемы и премудрости от коллег-мам!

Джиллиан: Материнство, вероятно, - самое трудное и интересное, что со мной случилось в жизни. И я знаю, что если я не буду заботиться о себе: достаточно спать, тренировать мозг и выделять время на себя, пусть даже это 10-минутное принятие ванны, - это отразится на моих отношениях с детьми. И как следствие, у меня над ними меньше контроля! Они контролируют меня. Это самый стоящий и самый мучительный процесс. И он становится легче.

В: Джиллиан, я профессиональный дворецкий. Можно на вас работать?

Джиллиан: Да, пожалуйста. Могу я расплачиваться чем-нибудь, кроме денег? Бартерный обмен…
В: Вы так уверены в себе. Что бы вы посоветовали женщинам в возрасте за 30 и за 40?

Джиллиан: В течение многих лет своей жизни я была неуверенна в себе. Но когда ты публичный человек, становится необходимо вести себя так, словно ты в себе уверен. И, честно, я думаю, что годы актерской игры внесли свой вклад в мое чувство уверенности в себе. Я столько времени провела, ощущая страх, и вместе с тем шагая вперед и делая все, чтобы не позволить страху удержать себя от того, чтобы сказать «да» чему-то, что я, уверена, хочу делать. И когда делаешь то, чего боишься, это становится не таким страшным.
В: Любимые на данный момент… песня; еда; место; анекдот?

Джиллиан: Мои любимые анекдоты в буквальном смысле для 6-летних детей. На днях на мероприятии Доминик Уэст рассказал мне анекдот, подходящий моему восприятию… И я его тут же забыла. В этом сущность шуток. И на днях я встретилась с Паоло Нутини лицом к лицу и впервые в жизни испытала «синдром фаната». Посмотрела на него и спросила: «Как вас зовут?» Он ответил: «Паоло» и я от волнения на него запрыгнула! Одна из моих любимых песен всех времен это его песня «Iron Sky». Гениальный человек. Среди ныне живущих он прирожденный гений.
В: Какие фильмы заставляют вас плакать каждый раз при просмотре?

Джиллиан: Есть фильм, который не многие видели под названием «Декан Спэнли» с Питером О’Тул и Джереми Нортхэмом и Сэмом Нилом в главных ролях. Боже. Этот фильм, каждый раз… каждый раз, когда я слушаю саундтрек, на глаза наворачиваются слезы. В нем есть нечто действительно глубокое, он о человеческом опыте, отношениях и жизни, и прошлых жизнях. Просто замечательный фильм.
В: Самое красивое путешествие в вашей жизни (реальное или духовное?)

Джиллиан: Несколько лет назад на винтовом воздушном самолете я участвовала в сафари и пролетала по Намибии, пролетая вдоль Берега Скелетов. Это было просто незабываемо – посадка на закате в поле с высокой травой, над которым поднимается луна и слышно стрекотание кузнечиков. Я бы еще раз повторила подобное.
В: Любимое воспоминание прошлого года?

Джиллиан: То, как я делила гримерку с Ванессой Кирби – она играла Стеллу моей Бланш. Ванесса абсолютно восхитительна. Она на пару десятков лет меня младше, и мы столько смеялись. Я, как правило, аккуратна, а она самый неряшливый человек из всех, кого я встречала в жизни. Ее это не волнует нисколько, и она не будет возражать, если я расскажу об этом тысячам людей. Я сфотографировала ее туалетный столик и хочу отослать ей фотографии в качестве запоздалого подарка.
В: Самое крупное животное, которое, вы думаете, что могли бы убить голыми руками?

Джиллиан: Могла бы и убила бы – разные вещи. Прежде всего, не убила бы. Но если бы могла, и, принимая во внимание силу… Я уже не такая сильная. Даже если подумать об этом, как вы посмели задать мне этот вопрос?? Я теперь задумалась. Ладно, единственное, что могу предположить – это мультяшное животное. Скажем, это злое бешеное животное, и мне пришлось бы убить его, чтобы спасти свою жизнь. Может, мне удалось бы убить… хорька.
В: Если бы вы почувствовали на улице запах газа, вы бы позвонили в газовую службу, или ждали бы, пока позвонит кто-то другой?

Джиллиан: Спасибо за вопрос. Потому что в моем районе постоянно чувствуется запах газа в одном и том же месте, на углу. Я думала позвонить в службу, но собираться и делать – разные вещи. Но там располагается постоянная стройка – думаю, кто-нибудь занимается вопросом, они просто не разобрались еще.
В: За какое животное вы бы вышли замуж?

Джиллиан: Хороший вопрос. Наверное, за коня. Везет же мне! У коня точно есть одна, которая в него влюбится.
Yulya вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 23.03.2015, 19:40   #59
viktoriap63
жить в твоей голове
moderatorv.i.p.

Gillian Anderson interview: Robot Overlords, sci-fi, Ghibli

- The world didn't end...
- No, it didn't... "Millenium"
viktoriap63 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 27.03.2015, 22:03   #60
Yulya
Absorbed in Magician...
moderatorv.i.p.

Интервью в The Telegraph

Цитата:
Gillian Anderson: It’s time somebody was brave enough to ask me out

After two marriages and three children, the star of The Fall and The X Files says she would not rule out another same sex romance - as long as her next relationship is The One

Enigmatic. Complex. Intense. Controlling. Serious. Just a handful of the epithets used to describe Gillian Anderson on screen, and indeed the 46-year-old actress herself.

Her difficult characters are never easy to read or play: take the sceptical Scully in The X-Files, steely yet sexually assertive Stella in The Fall. Anderson was a neurotic, reclusive Miss Havisham in Great Expectations, while her heartbreaking, ravishing turn as Blanche DuBois in A Streetcar Named Desire at the Young Vic sees her nominated as Best Actress in the Olivier Awards next month.

We meet in an ultra-hip glass and chrome North London eaterie where she has a favourite table. The moment she enters the building I can detect an invisible forcefield of self-containment around her. Petite and porcelain-pretty, her tawny hair is blonder than in recent years, her blue gaze narrow and fight-or-flight watchful. She seems at once strong and fragile, which maybe explains why she is usually handled like a piece of (terribly serious) bone china.

And so I take a possibly brave, possibly foolhardy decision to ignore the forcefield. We haven’t been given her favourite table. She is politely perplexed and purses her lip, but no more than that. I offer to make an actressy fuss.

Gillian Anderson with Jamie Dornan in The Fall (Photo: BBC/Helen Sloan)

“Gillian’s Not Happy!” I cry to nobody in particular. “A blood sacrifice for Gillian!” She giggles and shushes me, then picks up the teapot and cups (it’s wine o’clock but she’s not a drinker) and matter-of-factly whisks us off to a more discreet corner banquette. And as she does, it starts to emerge that she has dropped something. Her guard. I’m not quite sure where, exactly, it’s gone, but I’m not complaining.

“So, Gillian,” I say. “Have you seen Jamie Dornan, your serial killer co-star in The Fall getting his Christian Gray kit off in Fifty Shades?”

“No,” she demurs, copping out of the question with non-committal diplomacy. “I’ve been too busy. I’m either filming or on planes or putting my sons to bed.”

Too busy to make time for young Jamie whipping and chaining and rumpy-pumpying? Come on, woman, haven’t you got a pulse?

Aren’t you even a little bit curious?

“I will see it,” she insists. “I am very interested to see his – range.” The imperceptible pause is too perfect an opportunity to ignore.
“Oh-ho, Gillian is that what we’re calling it these days?” And with that she dissolves into shrieks of laughter. Yes, Gillian Anderson isn’t just laughing, she is dabbing her eyes and laughing.

“That’s terrible! I mean, I like a good double entendre as much as the next person…but I really did mean his range.” She trails off and throughout the subsequent pot of tea there’s more laughter, a bit of relaxed swearing and an unflinching honesty that is, in its way, almost as discombobulating as her unflinching gravitas.

First comes the denial of the tabloid reports that she had given broadcasting black sheep Jeremy Clarkson her unalloyed support. “All I said was that he had been very nice to me when I went on Top Gear [As the 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' she holds the record for fastest ever lap in wet conditions] and that he obviously fulfilled a demand for what he does because he’s so popular,” she says, with a sigh. “I can’t comment any more because I don’t know any more. I’ve got – and I don’t mean to insult my entire profession – an actress’s brain. I’m not a politician or much of an activist because I won’t speak out until I’m absolutely sure of the facts. Every fact. Every. Last. One.”

This is classic Anderson; scrupulously attentive to detail, precise in both preparation and execution. But then she unbends a little. “Also, I never know from one day to the next whether I’m feeling outspoken or not, which wouldn’t make me the most reliable spokeswoman for anything,” she laughs.

Anderson is that rarity among actresses; one whose career has gained traction after she turned 40. Her star is in the ascendancy with the dark and gripping gripping thriller The Fall, now commissioned for a third series and surely a contender in the forthcoming TV Baftas; a new BBC mini series of War and Peace in which she plays socialite Anna Pavlovna; her continuing role as Hannibal Lecter’s psychotherapist in the US TV series Hannibal; and now talk of a reprise of The X-Files with David Duchovny.

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in The X-Files in 1994 (AP)

By way of a left field departure, she’s playing the mother, Kate, in a new British family sci-fi film, Robot Overlords.

“It’s a lovely family movie; compared to my usual roles I’m frumped down and softer and quirkier,” she says. “I feel like she’s closer to who I am, how I am. I have a tendency to be sillier and more frivolous than I generally get to play.”

But that’s probably because she does repression and angst and complicated so very well. To wit, her critically acclaimed, emotionally raw portrayal of Blanche, which has her to thank for the fastest ever sellout in the Young Vic’s history.

<iframe width="600" height="420" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ohOWfjYcafw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The other Best Actress nominees are Imelda Staunton, Kristin Scott-Thomas and Penelope Wilton. “For most of my life I’ve wanted to win an Olivier,” says Anderson. “It’s every young actress’s dream; these are the stage Oscars and to be considered one of four contenders is such an honour and I’m really chuffed about it.”

A word like “chuffed” sits oddly on her lips. Most people who grew up watching The X-Files assume Anderson is American. Strictly speaking she is, because she was born in the US, but she moved with her parents to London as a toddler, attended primary school here and has a cast-iron English accent. The family returned to America when she was 11 and she began her career in the US, taking on the role of Dana Scully at the age of 24. The series, which earned her an Emmy and a Golden Globe, ran for 202 episodes.

She married and had a daughter, Piper, now aged 20, but went on to get divorced, then remarry. That marriage also failed and Anderson, who by then had moved to the UK, subsequently had two sons, Oscar aged eight and six-year-old Felix, with a long term partner Mark Griffiths. That relationship has now ended, but they are amicable – and successful – co-parents.

“Mark and the boys bond over computer programming and gadgets, which is great because it lets me off the hook,” she says. “I don’t understand technology. I don’t even Tweet. I have someone in the US who does that for me; nothing personal, just work stuff.”

The one time Anderson was tempted to Tweet herself was when she mentioned to a US magazine that in her youth she had several relationships with women. This caused social media outrage among die-hard conservatives in the Bible Belt. “I was so close – and I mean minutes away – from Tweeting back, but somebody had the presence of mind stopped me,” says Anderson, ruefully
When she tells me what she was going to Tweet, it is so appallingly rude and inflammatory that it’s my turn to get a fit of the nervous giggles, but Anderson – who clearly feels very strongly – will only allow herself the hint of a smile that could well be a self-righteous smirk. Would she ever consider another same-sex relationship?

“I wouldn’t discount it,” she says. “I did it before and I’m not closed to that idea. To me a relationship is about loving another human being; their gender is irrevelant.”

A relationship is something Anderson has given some thought to recently, despite the fact her diary has never been busier.

For most of my life I’ve wanted to win an Olivier,' says Gillian Anderson ( LAURA HYND)

“I’m so lucky to have such great work. I’ve got a fantastic life, I have a wonderful relationship with my kids, and there’s nothing lacking, but I’m leaning towards the idea that it’s time for somebody to be brave enough to ask me out,” she chuckles.

She’s not entirely joking. If at all. “I’ve asked out guys in the past. I remember being in the cinema in the States and I made eye contact with a man going in,” she says. “I noticed we laughed at same points and seemed to respond in the same way to the same moments. We were both with friends, but he caught up with me as we were filing out.”

The pair chatted briefly about the movie and then headed in opposite directions to their own cars. “Halfway, I stopped and thought ‘*** this! What am I doing?’ So a rushed back down the street, went up to him and said ‘Would you like a coffee sometime?’ We dated for six months.”

Gillian Anderson serves cocktails at the W London - Leicester Square & (RED) World AIDS Day Fundraising Party (Getty Images)
Anderson tells this with insouciance; she’s a woman who knows what she wants, and up to now has seen little point in waiting for it to fall into her proverbial lap. Passivity does not suit her.

“I’ve looked at a lot of the areas that might be a challenge for people living with me,” she says, reflectively. “I’m very headstrong in terms of how I want things to go, so I’ve made an effort to become more patient and compassionate.”

“I don’t have a tendency to share. Even my own assistant doesn’t know what is scheduled for my week or my day. That’s obviously a control thing because I can tell you what day of the month February 20th is next year. Opening up all that to somebody is a challenge, but one I’m definitely up for.”

All the same, not being a wallflower, when she recently met someone in London, she was considering asking him out. But her research threw up the fact the potential object of her affections was married.

“To me, a married man is simply a No Go,” she says. “I’m not interested in younger men either. I suppose I might ask a man out, but I believe at this stage of my life, it’s better not to manipulate the situation. If it happens, it happens. What I am sure about is that I want my next relationship to be The One."

It's a big admission for a woman whose idea of me-time is forcing herself to take a leisurely bath instead of a shower, yet she's incontrovertibly putting the thought of romance out into the ether.

But Gillian, will any suitor be brave enough?
Yulya вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ

Опции темы